Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fine Photography

I have always, always had a passion for photography. It is such a powerful tool for us who have no memory! My passion has developed over the years from during high school when I wanted to remember the best years of my life and to also have some evidence of what I used to look like in my prime (LOL) through to when I was about 21 and landed my first photography job at the Central Queensland News the local paper in Emerald as the casual weekend photographer.

(I really wanted to include one of my highschool photos here but unfortunately all my photo albums are currently in storage and I don't have good access to them. So watch this space, hopefully I can add it soon!)

I got paid to indulge in my hobby. What more can a girl ask for! I also brought my first SLR camera and zoom lens while I was there (Canon 400D). What an amazing opportunity. Having this big fancy camera inspired me to take my photography to the next level and try to capture the beautiful things in life. I am still learning new skills and how to use all the features on my camera everyday. I would absolutely love to do a course one day after I finish my Bach of Education and have a lighter study workload for it (I suppose I should prioritise!).









 


Then the whole world shifted when I had my beautiful daughter Hannah. All the wonderful joys that motherhood brings aside, I had this amazing reason for photographing now and the most breath taking (well for me anyway) subject. I found myself testing my skills to capture the best photograph I could. I was photographing all the "first" moments and documenting her growth. I wanted to remember everything! Some occasions for example her first trip to the beach which was a 2 1/2 day trip I took almost 300 photos! You can never have too many photos... right?!?! The poor little girl will end up with welding flash by the time she is 5 :-D.




 
 
 

I was reflecting back to my parents family photos and there were many but not as many as I would have loved to be able to look back on. To their defence it was film cameras back then and you didn't have the luxury of deleting the bad photos and were kind of limited to taking what the film would hold. I think it was 24 photos wasn't it? They always make fun of me for taking too many photos of Hannah. Speaking of, I'll take this moment to sympathise for all of my facebook friends who have had to endure all of my Hannah photos and status updates. I actually bumped into a friend that I hadn't seen since before I had Hannah who seen her for the first time today. I quote "I feel like I already know her from all of your photos on facebook." Ha ha ha ha. Sorry guys!

Anyway I leave you with a few of my favorite unedited photos. Hopefully over time and one day when I get my opportunity to undertake the photography course I desperately want to do I will get better. Please feel free to share any new exciting tips that you have discovered lately.










2 comments:

  1. Hannah's a cutie! Your passion for photography shows through in your shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! That is such a lovely thing to say! And thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete