Monday, July 15, 2013

Sneaky Meatless Monday- have I been caught out already?

It's that time of the week again and this morning I racked my brain to come up with a meatless recipe for tonight's dinner. My Dad (one of the gentlemen in the house) was returning from his weekend away, so I text him to see if he would be joining us for dinner tonight or if he would be having something on his way. "No, Thanks!" he replied. So I decided on Mushroom, Feta and Cherry Tomato Quiche.

Then out of the blue I get a second text from my Dad "Can you get a pork chop out of the freezer?". I thought to myself in the spirit of my challenge to have one meatless day a week, maybe I could convince him to have quiche with us instead of the pork chop which was reflected in my text message reply. "Pork chop, thanks!" Ha ha

Has someone let him in on my plan? Cause I know he wouldn't have read my blog and I now he wouldn't have figured it out just yet. So the rest of the house hold indulged in the yummy quiche, potato bake and salad, while dad had his pork chop.

Do we count this week as a fail?

If you missed week one you can find it here- Sneaky Meatless Monday

P.S- Quiche recieved Ben's stamp of approval.
P.P.S- Recipe will be released by popular demand only :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment