Monday, February 24, 2014

The Fridge Door- Zucchini Slice

This might be the first "Fridge Door" recipe that is actually healthy! Today I made some Zucchini Slice for afternoon tea and lunch box fillers. Please don't let the name scare you off. I personally do NOT like zucchini. But it is kind of hidden in the recipe so you don't really taste it and its sole purpose is to make the dish healthier. I like to think of this recipe as more of a quiche slice.

The wonderful thing about this recipe is that 90% of these ingredients are staples in my house so it is a turn to "throw together" dish for when I need it. Usually in those times of need I am also time restricted so this recipe is perfect as it is pretty much all the matter of throwing everything together and baking in the oven then in half an hour its ready to eat!


Ingredients:

5 Eggs
A small grated carrot
A small grated zucchini
A handful of shredded ham or diced bacon. (Both available prepared at the deli, I have a few portions frozen on stand by).
1 cup self raising flour
1 small onion finely chopped
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Method:

In a large mixing bowl stir eggs until well combined.
Add the self raising flour and mix until smooth.
Add the shredded ham, carrot, zucchini, onion and vegetable oil and mix together.



Transfer into a baking dish or tin and bake for 30 mins at about 180.




Allow to cool slightly before serving. Best eaten warm although perfect cold for lunch boxes.


My very fussy toddler... one happy little camper, even asking for more!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment