Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Leaning Into Technology Free Retreats- Day One



Today is Wednesday, which means that yesterday was Technology Free Tuesday. My first infact. Actually it was the second week since I announced I was doing a Technology free Tuesday but the first week I completely forgot about it until the Wednesday so... I got off on the wrong foot. Better late than never!

Curious as to how I went? Well, I'm glad you asked.

I some how remembered the moment I woke up which is a huge accomplishment for me! The biggest thing I noticed about the day was that it seemed to go slower and seemed longer, now that might seem like a nightmare to some but my brand new teeny tiny baby who is not so tiny anymore... is 6 months old (today actually) and that time went ridiculously fast. I desperately want time to slow down so that I can enjoy her and my older toddler as they are before they get much bigger. So, in saying that, this next point will seen fairly obvious but I felt like I had more time to get stuff done! It was kinda nice to stare into space and daydream for a few short moments throughout the day. It gave my brain a chance to defragment and I was more able to plan and execute what I had to do or what I would like to do next.

I went so well with only having a strong urge to jump on a couple times through the day which was so much better than I had expected. In the morning I actually got to be present and enjoy snuggling in bed with my princesses and our day started quicker without having to wait for me to scroll through my news feed.

I jumped on to retrieve a phone number, took a few phone camera pictures, wrote a few texts and kept an eye on my emails but everything was able to wait until the next day! It was so refreshing. It may have been a coincidence but I even fell asleep quicker when I hadn't been staring at my screen for the last half hour!

Piece of cake guys! This post is evidence that I survived! I am hoping in the coming weeks to be able to stricken up this even further and even increase the technology ban to a second day a week.

And the cherry on top it made checking my news feed the next day, even sweeter :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment