Saturday, November 29, 2014

Oh My Goodness, I just cleaned my oven... this is a big deal!

I have been down and out with a head cold this week; which means that I am WAY behind with my uni study and it is to the point where I feel I don't know where to start. What does one do in this situation? Jump right in and try to catch up in the rare prime studying situation where both kids are asleep and the husband is also passed out on the oldest ones bed (believe me, it is adorable!) 

No!

One further puts off studying by not only testing out my new Norwex Oven and Grill Cleaner but then writes a blog post about it!

I must admit, I have been an independent Norwex consultant for about a month now and I have continuously heard AMAZING things about the Oven and Grill Cleaner, but the entire time I have been a consultant it has been out of stock. So the anticipation and excitment to try it out has been feverishly building over the last few weeks. It finally came back into stock last week and I put in an order straight away and it arrived yesterday. So I have been itching to test it out ever since!

I do need to declare that on a scale of 1-10:

1= love cleaning my oven and do it routinely every week
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
10= Hate cleaning my oven and avoid cleaning it at all costs.

I am safe to say I am a firm 11 which equals, I down right refuse to clean the oven and when it must be done, at times of say moving house (which happens far to regularly for us)- I would rather pay someone else to do it.

It is a miracle that there is a product in existence that makes such a person WANT to clean an oven!

Any way to the point, in the Norwex consultant world there is a set 4 products that are used to do in house oven cleaning at demonstrations, and a process used to show how easy it can be done.

Step 1- fill the laundry tub and add half a scoop of Norwex Ultra Power Plus laundry powder and place the racks in the tub to soak.

Step 2- heat the oven to a warm temperature where its just warm and you can touch it with your hand then turn off, followed by spraying on the Norwex Oven and Grill cleaner and allow to sit for 10 mins.

Step 3- use the Norwex Spirinett to loosen any baked on food debri and grease, then use the Norwex All Purpose Kitchen Cloth to wipe clean.

Step 4- return to the laundry tub and use a spirinett to scrub any grease and food debri from the racks.

Step 5- reassemble and admire your oven sparkling

So I cleaned my oven this morning and it worked magically. To be honest, it left behind a stain on the bottom of the oven that was there even when we moved in, so I wasn't actually expecting it to lift and it may have had I had more time and applied some more elbow grease but other than that it did a great job and there where no crazy fumes that most traditional oven cleaners have; for example when we moved into our house everything I cooked in the oven for the first week or so had an oven cleaner smell and taste to it! Norwex Oven and Grill cleaner doesn't have a strong scent even when you are using it.

To procrastinate from studying just a little longer... I have documented the before and after pics to share with you. I forgot to take the pic before I sprayed the cleaner on so you can see that in the before pics but i'm sure the get the point. It was horrifically dirty because like I said earlier... I do not clean ovens ha ha.
 


So, I now am sitting at a 7.5 on the oven cleaning scale of 1 to 10 and I must say that even though I still hate cleaning the oven and it still is a pretty big job... I would do it if and when it needs to be done. Pretty good progress if you ask me.

If you are interested in purchasing any of these products to try in your home, please go to my website:
http://teaganchilds.norwexbiz.com.au/ 

Prices are as follows-
Oven and Grill Cleaner  $33.50
All purpose kitchen cloth $20.50
The Spirinett $7.50 for a pack of 2
Ultra Power Plus washing powder $27.00

No comments:

Post a Comment