Thursday, February 5, 2015

When you over do it.

Semester 3 for uni has just finished, for me anyway as I have no exams for my subjects. It finished on Monday night, which gives me approximately 4 weeks off. I have really been slugging it out this semester as I get used to studying with two young children and almost everything that I actually wanted to do, such as plan our wedding, had to be put on hold which has left me with a bit of a backlog of things I want to get done in my very short 4 weeks off resulting in a to-do list the length of my arm.

As I want to make the most of my time off I got started right away. On top of my list is to SLEEP! I have been sooooo so sleep deprived as anyone studying at uni with two small children would understand and I really want to catch up on some sleep! But I put this off in the first 2 days to make a start on the zillion other things on the list. 

Here on day 3, I am declaring... I got the message, LOUD AND CLEAR! My children among life in general have been sending me a not so subtle sign, that I am overdoing it!

The first night I stayed up till around 10pm doing jobs at which point my toddler did what she usually does in the onset of a cold or flu, wake up in the middle of the night, (or in this case 10pm) and becomes extremely unsettled and takes hours to fall back to sleep, which resulted in me not crawling into bed until after midnight. Then last night, while trying to make up for the night before, I sat up until midnight, in which point the baby woke up and declared it was awake time and stayed awake until around 2.30AM!!! Then to follow- toddler wakes up at 6.30 am to start her day. 

Then to top it all off the pair of them have coordinated to ensure their day time sleeps do not in any way, shape or form synchronize so there is absolutely zero time where they are both asleep at the same time allowing a chance to get stuff done... or sleep myself to catch up from the lack of during the night time.

I get it! This is the worlds way of telling me to rest up and spend time with my babies (not that this isn't something I already, really want to do) and stop trying to get so much done. But when? When do I start crossing off my giant to-do list? This wedding date doesn't get any further away and I can not keep putting off some of the many other jobs that have been waiting to get done either.

Ohh the joys of being a studying Mum!

Any tips ladies?


No comments:

Post a Comment