Friday, March 13, 2015

Plans a Wedding

I played with the idea of creating a separate blog for my wedding ramblings... then I remembered that this is my blog and I can write what I like :-P but as a plus for those who might not be all that interested in this topic... it will only be on and off for six months!

Just like most people planning a wedding on a far too small budget, it is the first and hopefully only wedding I plan. Who knows where to start?

And who knew that coming up with the ideas and concepts was the easy part?


If you are planning a wedding and you are not already on Pinterest or Etsy then you NEED to jump on the bandwagon. They will be your best friend! Your first step should be on Pinterest where you discover what you like and create a mood-board for your wedding.

Your very first search should be "Wedding planner" Sift through until you find a few free printable's you like and one that includes a timeline which will give you some sort of idea about where you need to be and what to organise when.

Pinterest is AMAZINGLY useful for (if nothing else), putting your vision into something physical that you can show your vendors, your bridesmaids, your fiance! Then when you have your ideas flick over to Etsy or Ebay to TRY and source what you are looking for within your budget.

So, that is what I have been doing FOR THE LAST TWO YEARS!!! Just six months out from our wedding date and I am finally at the stage where I have a pretty good vision of what I like and what Ben mostly agrees on. The last six months we have been trying to find, source and book everything to fill our vision and it is insanely hard to achieve it within the small budget that I have to work with.

To top off any stress that this usually brings, at just six months out...
we are still yet to find a ceremony location!
Here in Emerald QLD there are not a whole lot of options for those who are not wishing to be married in a church.

And what's the deal with vendors not getting back to you? Is'nt this their business, what they make a living from? How is it possible for this kind of professionalism to be the norm in this industry?

On a more positive note, my dress is ordered- Yay!!!

Follow my WEDDING INSPIRATION pinterest board.

No comments:

Post a Comment