Friday, May 1, 2015

30 Day Photography Challenge- Week 3

In case you missed it you can catch up on the 30 Photography Challenge Week 1 or Week 2 by clicking on the links. 



Day 15- Silhouette. This picture was taken on along the highway on the Rockhampton side of Blackwater a few days ago. The property that we happened to stop next by to take the Day 12's Sunset picture (featured in week 2) had this "Silhouette" with their mailbox. 







Day 16- Long Exposure. 
I really love this picture. And this is why I really wanted to take this challenge. For the first time in years I took out my tripod and I have always wanted to experiment with sparkler photos! They look magical! I'm very happy how this picture turned out!






Day 17- Technology. 
Ohhhh how I love technology some times. Meet Roomba, my robotic vacuum. I took this photo of it whisping around my lounge room as it cleans up after my kids while I have a cuppa.







Day 18- Your Shoes. 
I love my sparkly "Forever New" flats! As my wedding heels are far from comfortable I have been thinking I will change into these at the reception on our wedding day.









Day 19- Something Orange. 
Every traveler's worst nightmare!!!

Far from art! But unfortunately not a lot I could do whilst being stuck in the car for over eight hours on our long trip to Maryborough for Anzac day!











Day 20: Bokeh (for those not familiar with the term: is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light").
I had a go at doing this intentionally for the first time a few nights ago. I know it wasn't the most interesting of topics but you have to work with what you've got. I was trying to capture the experience of driving at night. So the aerial was supposed to be the subject, with the lights as the "bokeh" in the background. I can't say I LOVE them but was not too bad as my first attempt, complicated by the fact we were travelling over a bumpy road at the time. A lot of practice needed!




Day 21: Faceless Self-portrait. 
On our way to Maryborough for ANZAC day with the family. I must say they weren't too bad during this trip. The way home was a different story! The joys of travelling with kids!!!






I would love to see some of your pictures of these topics. Share or tag me on instagram (teagan_childs) or upload it on The Mumma Next Door Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment